Five On A Treasure Island ( 1 ) - Enid Blyton

Courtesy

Julian, Dick, and Anne are going to their Uncle Quentin's place for the first time. George is sulky cousin, and would much rather be a boy, but she is also loyal and lonely. They learn about a shipwreck belonging to George's family. The ship was supposed to carry gold bars, which were never found after it sank. Now that the wreck is washed ashore, they find a map of the island showing the ingots, in a box!

This is the first book of Blyton's most famous book series. there are many points that I noted and the other books have a similar theme. So I'll keep those thoughts for another post. I'll have to say, I fell in love with George immediately. I think she is the only character who actually grows during this book. The side characters, especially uncle Quentin brought on a unique layer to the plot. I must mention that this book is for children, and although I have read this multiple times when I was younger, I have a different opinion now. I find many things about the book silly and even ridiculous, but it's actually perfect for children around nine or ten. The characters are of ages ten, eleven, and twelve, which makes them relatable to this age group. It is definitely fun reading this as a teenager, but children literally will get addicted to this.

Rating- 4.2/5



Comments