Reasons to Stay Alive - Matt Haig

Courtesy Internet



 Reasons to Stay Alive is the story of 24 year old Matt Haig, who suffered from depression for many years. It is his journey of losing to depression and learning to live again.
 
This is an informative book indeed. I gained new perspectives on depression and the way depressives want to be treated. It talks about solutions and temporary escapes from the clouds misery. It beautifully describes some of Haig's personal experiences. He has captured some of his experiences in captivating phrases. Its got a lot of TMI which spoils the reading experience. The  book has long lists from all over the web which I feel are quite unnecessary. I took more than a month to read it because of all the boring lists which can easily be found online. I admit that I did skip some of the list because I felt they were unimportant. As a fiction-lover, this is one of the few non-fictions that I have read, and I wouldn't say that it is a favorite. Overall, you can read this if you are interested in learning about depression and see a different point of view on it. Just take in what's good and leave the bad.
 
Rating- 3.8/5

Comments