A Celebration of Authors | Thank You Writers | 2021 World Book Day

A Celebration of Authors | Thank You Writers | 2021 World Book Day

Happy World Book Day, Writers! I wrote this page because I wanted to let you know that you are loved and treasured. World Book Day is a celebration for both writers and their creations. (If you are not a writer, hang on. I have something to tell you too) Here are reasons I want to say thank you.

Writing Books is a monumental task and responsibility. Since last year, I have attempted to write a novel and realized that it’s not child’s play. More than once, I wanted to give up. But your books remind me you have gone through this, survived the pressure, and completed your books. You motivate me to do whatever possible to finish this book. And thank you for not giving up. You give so much joy to us readers.

Keeping someone engaged for hours is difficult, especially when you have only words as your tools. But you do it so well. I don’t know how time flies while reading. It’s such a pleasure to escape into the world of books every once in a while. (Actually, very often) Thank you for spending so much time on that book for our enjoyment.

Your beloved characters are our besties. There are so many fictional characters I would love to meet and befriend. Your imaginary characters are so vivid that your creations stand out for us. They inspire us to become like them, and that is an incredible feat. I hope to achieve the same.

You make boring lessons and philosophies so easy to understand. Your books are filled with so much goodness from all you research. You go through endless studies, definitions, and articles, just so that we don't have to do the same. Thank you 

You have a story to tell, which you recounted beautifully, as words. Your narrations have so many interpretations. And each of them is equally heart-touching. You believed in your story and made us care about it, and I salute you for that. 
<3

Now for you readers-
As readers, it is our responsibility to keep writers' spirits high. But we don't remember to do that. Being a book review, I simply point out the good and bad (sometimes brutally), hurting authors' feelings unknowingly. While thinking of a topic for this special day, I realized that no one celebrates authors. (Authors' Day is 1st November, I just found out) So lets do that today!

For book reviewers, or even for people who rate books on Goodreads or Google, lets keep a few things in minds. We should write constructive feedback. If you give a book a 3 star review, don't just stop there. Write what you didn't like. What stuff you would change. And as I mentioned, lets not hurt their feelings. I'm not saying that you should give a good review even though you didn't enjoy a book. Don't be mean and brutal. You can judge the book by its cover, but don't judge authors based off their books. (I know i have been unfair sometimes, and I'm sorry)

Okay. Back to readers. 

If you don’t realize the importance of books, learn to appreciate them. If you do, that’s great. But this World Book Day, go a step further and acknowledge their creators who go through so much so that you can read that book.

For people who don't like reading, please don't be hard on readers or books because of a few bad experiences in a row. How Do I get Into Reading?

You can show your gratitude to authors in two ways. One, send them gifts, writeups, and anything to show that you care for them. I have done this, and I am doing it now. But a better way to display your affection for writers and their books is to write a book yourself. What is better than contributing to their community?

Today, I urge you to contribute to the book community. Support writers and encourage readers. We started this blog to share our feelings about books by reviewing them and now aspire to grow the reader and writer community. You can start a blog, make videos, write a book, write short stories, or even read a book after going through this page. Little contributions make a difference. So lets take the initiative and make a change. Merry reading and writing!

Saloni Porwal

Comments