Born to Run - Michael Morpurgo

Born to Run is the story of a grey hound. In one life, he is a pet to someone, racing dog to another, and companion to a third. With every owner, his life changes. New friends, new identity, different treatment and a new name. But with these changes, Best Mate learns to adapt but changes the lives of his owners forever.

I picked up this book because I had read and like Morpurgo's The Elephant in the Garden. This book didn't really live up to my expectations. The cover says that it is an emotional book that makes you cry. Might be true for some people, but I didn't feel anything. The plot was ok. I didn't enjoy the writing very much as it was from an animal's perspective. However, I liked Best Mate's perception of each of his new owners. I'm assuming that I wasn't the target audience as I'm not particularly fond of pets. If you love animals, are a beginner in reading, or just want a small, but potentially emotional book, try this out and tell me how you felt!

Rating- 3/5 

Comments