Playing to Win - Saina Nehwal

Courtesy

Playing to Win is Saina's autobiography about her childhood, how she started playing badminton, and her journey making it to the top. Although it is mainly about her achievements in badminton, we get to know more about her family, struggles coping with school-work, favorite athletes, travel essentials and many more fun details.

This was a pretty short read, but very beautifully written. As I said, Saina has added facts about herself, which brings on a different vibe. In my experience, autobiographies are very inspiring, but in a way make you feel that the author is perfect and knows exactly how to handle every problem. Though I feel motivated after this, it makes the author seem distant and from a different world. This book, however, talks all about Saina's little quirks and likings, which makes her seem so much more human and relatable. What I didn't really enjoy was all the lists and tables. Maybe it's just me, but they take away the feel of a book and make it seem like I'm browsing on Wikipedia. I would have liked it to be longer and more chatty, because I really did loose myself in it. Overall, it's an enjoyable, quick read that is beginner friendly.

Rating- 4.6/5

Comments