Blink and You Die Ruby Redfort ( 6 ) - Lauren Child

This review may contain spoilers for previous books in the series.

Ruby Redfort knows that LB- the respected boss of Spectrum 8  Bradley Baker, The most precious and accomplished secret agent. She can't alert the others because there is a high chance that they won't believe her. After all, she is just a thirteen year old. Ruby knows the Count is working for someone else. And that there an agent is helping him. It's time for Ruby to do some research and track down the traitor for once and for all.

This is so unexpected. That's all I can say after finishing this book. Over the course of the book, we learn about new villains and the flashbacks were too good. I'd say it's the best book in the series. I can't spoil the anything for you, but I'll tell you this much. Lauren Child doesn't disappoint you at all. In the end, all the previous books are connected to the finale and the loose ends are perfectly tied up. This is the best ending you could ever want to an epic series. I don't know if this is a spoiler, but I want to mention that I loved that the actual climax, action, and reveal happens in the last 20 pages of the book. (I'm not sure. I read it over a week ago) Every single good point about the previous books is imbibed into this one. It is irresistible, and you just can't put it down. The mystery is super hard, and I couldn't crack any of the mini cases before Ruby. (Maybe just because I'm stupid). The only part that I didn't enjoy was when the flashbacks kept coming every now and then but they weren't interesting. Maybe it's just me, but i would have appreciated those bits more if their importance was previously established. I'm a fan of Ruby Redfort and I'm obviously upset to say goodbye to her, but this is the best farewell I could hope for. And I'm looking forward to reading Clarice Bean!

Special Note- 
As an author in progress, I've heard of a technique in which the writer drops bread crumbs aka clues, all leading to a major event. The plan is to get the reader to notice these, but not solve them before the protagonist does. Every now and then, you let the audience in the secret or they get bored. But here's why it works. Every time the reader thinks the crumbs are over and is read to close the book, the writer magically gets out more. If you've zoned out, what I mean is that this series (mainly book) is the perfect example. If you are a writer, there's definitely stuff that you can learn from it.

Rating- 4.9/5

Saloni Porwal

Comments