Girl Online ( 1 ) - Zoe Sugg aka Zoella

Girl Online Blue Cover First Book Zoe Sugg Zoella
Courtesy

Penny is a school girl with a passion for photography. And a knack of getting into embarrassing situations. When her parents propose going to New York and taking her next door, actually bedroom neighbor with them just before Christmas, she is delighted. Here, she meets Noah, a handsome guitar strumming American, she falls in love. But Noah doesn't know that Penny is writing all about her first crush on her anonymous blog. She too doesn't know his little secret that could change her closest relationships forever.

I love this book! The first-person writing style is so beautiful, that any and every reader will fall in love with Penny. She's quirky, cute, relatable, and super funny. Her best friend Elliot was slightly difficult to relate to and I didn't much like the nerdy way he blabbers facts all the time. Talking about the tense, it stuck out. In a bad way. The present tense came as a major distraction and totally spoilt my mood. But as I got more into the book, the writing became less obvious. Maybe it was just me or might be the writing got better over time. The emotional scenes were perfect. (I don't know if you'll cry because I didn't) Zoella's take on mental illness was really good too. As a blogger, I was delighted by the blog inserts here and there. Those parts flowed really well and naturally. I guess that's because she's a blogger herself. The friendships were heartwarming and lovely. There were hints of suspense here and there, but it's mostly a rom-com. (Not many LOL moments. It's mostly chuckle-worthy funny but still good.)

Rating- 4.6/5

-Saloni Porwal

Comments