The Family at Red-Roofs - Enid Blyton

Courtesy

Molly, Peter, Michael, and Shirley have just bought Redroofs, and are delighted with the roomy house. They are looking forward to living their dreams and having all the fun they missed out on, until disaster strikes. All of a sudden, their parents can't support them any longer and they must learn to face the world and earn money.
One of my most reread books. It has always been special to me and will always be. As a kid, I idolized Molly and Michael because of how much I could relate to their personalities. Somewhere in me, I just wanted to be independent and stand on my own two feet. The sibling affection and family drama in this book is on a whole new level. Most of Blyton's books, although good, are plot driven. This one is different. There are only three major plot points in the story, the rest being due to the character's goals and choices. I just gobbled down all the pages. The side characters are there for a reason, and they are so very amazing. Jackdaw wasn't that impressive, but Jenny Wren was my favorite. You can always rely on her. The story is heartwarming, light-hearted, and has a happy ending. Family Adventure's is probably Blyton's most underrated and best series, with the least stereotypes and clichés. If you want to give a book to someone between the ages of eight and twelve, I highly recommend this.
Rating- 4.6/5
Saloni Porwal

Comments