Things Non Readers Say to Readers

 



Every reader has to face some questions in their daily life, and the ones that non-readers ask tend to be the most annoying. I have listed some of the most common ones here.

How many books have you read till now?
This is the most frequently asked question from a non reader to a reader. How do they expect us to count the books we read? Well, not going to lie, when I started reading, I would count the number of books I read, but gradually, I lost count and I don't know how many books have I read till now. 

Isn't it boring to read the same book over and over again?
Isn't it boring to watch the same movie over and over again? No right? So the same applies for books. If you love a book, you can read it thousands of times, tirelessly. That book becomes like your best friend, your go to comfort, and at times, even your mentor. Which is the one most reread book that you own? Around how many times did you read it? Let us know in the comments.

Recommend a book
This can irritate a reader endlessly in two ways. One- I have a lot of favorite books. How am I supposed to select only one to recommend? Books are like your babies. You just can't have a favorite child. Two- After you think really hard to pick out one book for them, they tell you that they will read it but never do. It happens all the time with me. After that conversation, they never speak about the book ever again. They probably don't even remember the name of the book.

I'll watch the movie version of it
This hasn't happened a lot to me, but Saloni has experienced it. And I have said this to her on more than one occasion. After getting into reading lately, I can't agree more that the book is always better than the movie, No comparison, no debate. That's the final statement. I won't elaborate more on this because readers obviously understand my sentiment, and I can't express myself any better than this.

You have billions of books. Are you building a library? or You have a whole rack of books. Why not give them away?
I've heard this soo many times that I can't even count. I'm not trying to build a library. I love my books to the core and won't put them in a library for anything. They are my favorites too. Why would I give them to someone who will very likely not love it as much as I do? And besides, books don't ask me stupid questions and upset me like you do, so there is no chance of me getting rid of them. (I'd like to say this, but don't...)


Which statement have you heard the most? How would you like to respond to it? Be honest.

Vibhiksha Yadav



Comments