The Vintage Teacup Club - Vanessa Greene

Courtesy

Maggie, Jenny, and Alison are completely different women, all gearing up for an important event in their lives. When they meet at a shop and fall in love with the same teacup set, they form a little agreement which blossoms into a lovely friendship, with each friend sticking up for the other during thick and thin.

I took way to long to get to reading this and then some more time to sit down and write a review. But since I love it so much, I had to do it. If you have been reading my reviews for a while, you know that I adore friendship stories, and this is one of the best that I have read. The start was hard to get through with as it is for me every time I try a multi-perspective book, but once I finished a few chapters, I was loving it. The point of view stuff did throw me off for quite a while. Some characters are written in first person and some in third person omniscient. Alison's struggles with her daughters (very relatable as I'm around the same age as them) and her husband, Maggie's highs and lows with her unstable relationship and Jenny's forced communication with her mother who abandoned her. It was just too good. I'll admit that it felt like too many plot points to focus on, but Greene's writing stole the show and I can't wait to try out her other books. There's a particular scene in the book which I admire greatly, but I can't write it here because it's got a major spoiler. If you want to know this one paragraph, DM me on Instagram or send a message through our Contact form.

Rating- 4.3/5

Saloni Porwal

Comments