Libraries are Actually Underrated | How to Spend Less Money & Still Read To Your Content

Libraries are Actually Underrated | How to Spend Less Money & Still Read To Your Content

I've always heard people talking about bookstores that are amazing, but very few people talk about libraries. I'm not sure when I first visited a library, I think I was four. But ever since I got membership in Dubai Public library, my love for books just increased.

Libraries may be credited in many countries, but living in Dubai, I know that many people aren't even aware of the fact that there are so many libraries all over the area. In India, there are a good number of libraries, just that people don't really use them for reading. If you have one near you, try to get a membership. Please avoid this if your area is highly infected with corona. As for Dubai Public Libraries, I can assure you that the employees are following proper guidelines and thoroughly sanitize books when you return them. If for any reason you are unable to go to a library, I will soon post an article about it.

In this article, I'm gonna list all the benefits that I have enjoyed since I joined the library.

1. Free Books!!!
There are a couple of online platforms that let you read books for free, but it isn't very good for our eyes, especially in today's times. Buying books is not very easy either, as the can get really expensive. (Book lovers know what I mean) But a library is the best place to get a ton of books, when you barely pay for it. The only rules are- return the books on time, maintain their condition, and don't lose them!

2. Safest Bet for New Readers
As a new reader, you might find a book with a deceptively gorgeous cover, and only then, you find out that this isn't your type! Then what is your type? You can't ever find out. You've already lost so much money and no one will purchase the book for it's actual price even though it' in perfect condition. Might as well give up reading if it's so bad on your pocket. Well, the good news is that you don't need to. Just get a library membership. Don't like a book? You can return it and browse through the vast collections for something you will love.

3. I Want More Books!
Bookworms love reading and need to read all the time. Literally! Okay, but unless you have some new book around you, happiness is a foreign word. That's a fact. Anyways, this isn't a problem when you have a library membership. Walk into that mansion of delightful books, grab ones that look more delicious than the rest (I seem to eat books according to my mother), and enjoy you pleasure.

4. Find More Booksy Friends
The only other people who come to a library are nerds (nah), newbie reader forced into the place by their parents or friends (maybe), and other bookworms (YAYYYYY). So you can go, have a little chat, exchange numbers and mail ids, and spend all you free time chatting with someone who really understands your craziness for books. (By the way, you can also message me! I would love to have a nice chest-to-chest talk about la belle Books {Reference from Mam'zelle of Malory Towers})

5. Show Off You Reading Superpowers
I was once at a library and met this aunty who asked me to recommend books for her son who hates reading. They were so delighted when I told them that I read so much. And that made me feel really good. Sometimes our own family and friends are so used to us reading, that they forget to admire our reading powers. But when you head to the library, you have a high chance of finding someone who will be impressed with your reading speed and you can gloat over that praise until the next time you meet them.

You might find this list weird, but honestly, these are the reasons libraries mean so much to me. I'm sure readers and even non-readers related with what I had to say. If any of this makes sense, share this article with your besties and then GET LOST. in the world of books. Happy Book Browsing!

Saloni Porwal

Comments