Mrs Funnybones - Twinkle Khanna

Mrs Funnybones
Courtesy

Twinkle Khanna's life is not all fun, but she is a natural when it comes to finding something laughable. After all, it can't be easy to live as an actress turned interior designer, turned writer. And to top it, she has a superstar husband, celebrity parents and two inquisitive kids. Frankly, this was a lovely, light read, that I read just when I wanted something funny and relatable. It is a work of non-fiction, though I'm not sure if all incidents are true, because some are way too hilarious. Mrs. Funnybones has written 26 chapters to cover the A to Z aspects of her life. The unknown side to being a celebrity is apparently hilarious. She writes about her husband's sarcastic remarks when he's not shooting, the many times her mother embarrassed her, the first being when she was named Twinkle, and the time when a rikshawala gossiped about her husband and his family to her, clueless of their connection (all in good humor). What made this read unique were her peculiar insights on parts of her ordinary and unordinary life. Not many people write about their mother-in-law, growing son, baby girl, or famous childhood friends nowadays. Her take on fitness and exercise/diet madness was unexpected and amusing too. My favorite chapter was undoubtedly the one on periods! I did like most of the book, but I have to say, her different writing style confused me at times. This book is a good read for anyone looking for something light and amusing, especially if you can't read in two-three sittings. Bonus points if you are a movie buff or like sarcasm. The book is beginner friendly and suitable for all ages. I guess that's it for this review (I also can't wait to get my hands on another Twinkle Khanna masterpiece.)


Rating- 4/5


Comments