Grounds for Divorce




Emily Price, an unpaid intern, is recruited by the State Department for a divorce settlement between Palestine and Israel. The only problem? Emily is not a legal professional as her employers have mistaken her to be. And now, she can't quit her job with only the experience of her parents' divorce to rely on for this unforgettable project.

I received an e-ARC of this book from NetGalley and The Book Guild. All opinions in this review are purely mine. I DNFed this book at 55.7% to be exact. I started reading when I had a few hours left to read it only (my fault) and I forced myself through half of it, before realizing that I wasn't really enjoying it. The first three-four chapters were interesting, with Emily living her normal life, but I think it was when she got on the flight for her new job, I lost my interest. While requesting the book, I didn't read the description well, and requested it on the basis of its title, beautiful cover and labeled genre- Women's Fiction, which I adore (again, my fault). I was intrigued by the simple main character and her sarcastic humor, but that just became a side dish that I began to grow tired of. I can't really judge a book when I only skimmed half of it. But that's my honest review.

Rating- 2.5/5 



Comments