Funny You Should Ask - Elissa Sussman


I picked this up because of its happening plot, and slow burn, and I was not disappointed. The main characters in the book are an actor and a writer (interviewer in specific), both professions that really intrigue me as I wonder what is beneath their glamorous lives. Funny You Should Ask is a great insight into this. I absolutely loved format of the book, alternating between the present and when they first met a decade ago, with extracts from interviews and written pieces. Both characters shaped each other's careers and made them interdependent on each other that created a memorable chemistry. The story also had themes like divorce, loss, addiction, and to me, it added dimension and a layer of seriousness to the lighthearted, sometimes awkward conversations. Here I'll add a quote from the book which made my reading experience valuable- " I'll always be an addict," he says. " but right now, I'm an addict in control of my addiction." This book will remain one that I will treasure and recommend to others.

Rating- 5/5

Comments