Typecast by Andrea J. Stein


 A solid 3.5 stars!

I enjoyed Callie's family, job, and friends. These bonds were touching and had a lasting effect on me. Speaking of relationships, this is an excellent character driven story with a cast that melts your heart.
Who wouldn't love a workaholic sister, supporting parents, loud nice, amazing best friend and all those students brining so much color into the story. I was initially apprehensive about Nina, but as we find out later, she is as much of a real mix as a true sister can be. Personally, the children were my favorite. The time to time entry of Callie's students and niece instantly changes the mood. I think that does reflect a lot upon Stein's knowledge of children.
What I didn't like was the slow, dragging pace. The suspense goes on over 80% I believe, and though it was not unsatisfactory, I didn't like being made to wait. As a reader, I knew from the start that there would be a reveal, but I don't think it was worth it.
Typecast comprises the great elements of a humorous family drama, with negligible minuses.
Something I'd like skim through once in a while. Recommended as a cozy read.

Comments