The Christmas Wish by Lindsey Kelk

 

This book was unfortunately a 2 star.

I dove straight in without going through the blurb, having bread just a few reviews. I had no clue (and still don't) what the Groundhog Day trope was. Basically, our MC is stuck in a loop and has to relive her disastrous Christmas day at her parents' over and over again.

I detested Gwen. I'm not sure why, but I couldn't find anything likable in her. Dev was too good for her and though I took a while to understand her parents and sister, I don't hate them

The MC is self-centered and I hated the first POV writing making every single thing selfish and about Gwen. Going through the same day repeatedly got frustrating to me pretty quick and I couldn't help but wish the book got over.

Apart from some amazing moments between Gwen and Dev & Gwen and Cerys (I never got used to the name), I don't find this book very special and well written.

Thanks to NetGalley and Harper 360 for the ARC in exchange of an honest review.

Comments