The Many Dates of Indigo - Amber D. Samuel


 I'd say this book was mid. The story was nothing special, nor were any external events. What made it still stick out for me were the characters.

The plot is simply about a woman on the brink of turning thirty, and her desperate attempts to find 'the one' due to her age. The book is not at all filmy or over the top romantic, but gives you taste of real life and realistic expectations.

Indigo's choice in the end was obvious to me from the start, so I felt a tad disappointed with the slow ride. Amber however, did a brilliant job in highlighting actual issues and romance which is necessary to hash down our unrealistic, dreamy expectations from most books and movies.

As said before, the characters were crafted thoughtfully and struck a chord with me. Be it Indigo's parents, siblings, or best friend, their moments shone through and warmed my heart. I loved the little back story which we get a glimpse of towards the end, though I'd have liked some more of that.

Reina Mystique is an amazing narrator and voiced all characters to perfection. The addition of her voice to this book makes for a charming, relaxed experience.

The Many Dates of Indigo is very different from popular books, but this change is refreshing and much needed.

Many thanks to NetGalley and Dreamscape Media for the ALC in exchange of my honest opinion.

Comments