How to Keep a Husband for Ten Days - Jessica Hatch

 

3/5 stars

The book seemed to drag having too many subplots. The whole petition to save the building was not something I had signed up for and took about as much screen time as the main plot. There were far too many characters for my comfort speaking of which, I have got used to Freddie's sexuality and the pronouns them/their which really confused me. 

The cover and blurb are very misleading,  making the reader expect something but providing something completely different. So just putting it out there,  this is not a light rom-com which is oh so bright and colorful.

I am glad this book had a HEA ending and I loved the storyline of Brown & Lina rediscovering each other. I didn't feel like putting down the book at any point in the story and the journey was captivating.  I loved the chemistry and banter between Brown and Lina, and rooted for more of it. As much as I want to have more good things to say,  this is all I can think of. 

I received an e-ARC of this book from NetGalley and Bookouture in exchange of my honest opinion.

Comments