Gigi, Listening - Chantel Guerin

I love how real this story was. The plot isn't far fetched and straight-out-of-movie as the blurb made it seem (and what it felt like initially) I adore the characters who are so well fleshed out and Gigi is a great MC. 

The author (Chantel Guertin) took time to build a backstory for each side character which helps us to connect (there are quite a lot). These lovely people fill in the puzzle and bring out the big picture. 

What I disliked the most was the lack of development and reasoning behind Zane's behavior. I believe that the characters and descriptive settings (which are so well written) were fantastic but the external event was lacking and wasn't memorable. 

Hats off to the narrator (Natalie Naudus) for her brilliant voice. I could help but notice the wase with which she flowed from different characters and accents. The personalized voices she gave them are engraved in my memory. It's safe to say that she is my new favorite audiobook narrator.

Comments