Oxford Star - Laura Bradbury

 

4 stars

Jack- a singer and musician with huge fame and success- also suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and escapes to Oxford for a while, only to find his ex-girlfriend Lucy studying there too. The same woman who can still mesmerize him, and whose heart he broke years ago. Clearly, she refuses to give him a second chance- no way she will trust him again. Despite this, their living arrangements force them to compromise- leading to quite a hullabaloo.

I jumped at this book, loving the premise & idea, and I loved it for most of the part. I loved the sizzling chemistry between the MCs, Their backstory was a strong motivation to keep going, and I was not disappointed in the end. I did feel that the story lacked in certain places, especially towards the end when it switches tones.

Speaking of trigger warnings, although the blurb gives enough caution, I don't think there is much to worry about. The incidents were way milder than what I was expecting (also hoping for because a little intensity would be great), so I don't think that should be a problem.

Grab this one if you are a fan of forced proximity, high school crush, and grudges (is that a trope?)

Comments