Something New at the Borrow a Bookshop - Kiley Dunbar

 

4/5 stars

This was just what I expected and needed. A cute mother daughter pair with some good subplots.


Not what I would call breezy. Dunbar had crafted a heartwarming, emotional novel which is a quick read for a holiday.

Joy is a single mother travelling job to job with her bubbly toddler, while carrying her ghosts from the past. I instantly took a liking to Joy and you can't help but sympathize with her, but be proud of her at the same time. And her daughter Radia is a pure delight. Talkative, extroverted, understanding, and childish, I found myself wishing for such a companion. Other characters are well written too, notably Patti, Monty and Mrs. C.

If you're looking for beautiful scenery, a sweet romance, HEA, single parent, lovely kid, this is a great pick. Just to add, I think this books reads pretty well as a standalone, so you needn't read the entire series.

This was my first book by Kiley Dunbar, but I am in love with her writing style and ideas. I hundred percent recommend Something New at the Borrow a Bookshop and can't wait to read more by the author.

Comments