While You Were Dreaming - Alisha Rai


5 stars

 I got this book solely because it is by an Indian author. I don't really like this cover and the title doesn't make sense to me eve after reading the whole book. I don't think the blurb conveyed much either, but because that didn't affect my reading experience, I'm not going to consider this in my rating.


Sonia is an American teen of Indian origin, with a dull social life, especially after her best friend ditches her. Her life takes a crazy turn the night she jumps to save her drowning crush wearing a comic outfit. She immediately flees from the site and is desperate for absolutely no one to discover her identity as the savior "Shadow". Little does she know that the many loose ends everywhere are very close to being found.

I can't find any fault in this beauty whatsoever. Sonia is a great MC with so much personality and motivations. She feels too real and is currently at the top of my 'Fictional People I Wish were Real' list. I found that even the supporting cast played a big part in building the story. No matter how little showtime each character gets, they leave a lasting impact on Sonia.

The story has a mystery vibe to it, so saying anything at all about it will be a spoiler. The turn of events is quite unexpected with events that make you grimace, tense, and swoon as if you you were in the scene. Alisha Rai gets full credit for being a skilled writer. I can almost guarantee that once you pick this up, you will find it hard to put down.

Irrespective of your age or usual genre preferences, I believe this will suit most readers. A kiss is the most you will find in the book, so it's quite low on spice. I hope I've convinced you to go and order your copy ASAP <3

Comments