My Stepmother's Secret - Emma Robinson

 

4.5 stars

Just finished reading this, and OMG it's fantastic. Probably the fastest I've read a book in a while.
My fourth book by Emma Robinson. I was so impressed by To Save My Child that I was worried the following works wouldn't live up to the mark, but My Stepmother's Secret exceeded my expectations a long way.
The story follows Gabbie and her daughters Olivia(16) and Alice(8). With no one to turn to in very hard times, she is forced to return to her childhood home. Both parents dead, she has to turn to her stepmother Jill- the last person she wants help from. But under these chaotic circumstances, there is so much of the past that peels away.
Climax was literally perfect with stuff piling up one over the other. I think the resolution was satisfactory and the 'ghosts of the past' tied in well with the rest of the story.
Writing: The book is in third POV with dual timeline. The past stories usually start with a letter and go ahead with accompanying memories. It is on the shorter side, too and makes for a great single sitting read.

Comments