Not Here To Stay Friends - Kaitlyn Hill

 

4 stars

I didn't love Never Ever Getting Back Together, which has a similar setting, and I was amazed at how much I loved this set up, and honestly, I think I can stay in there forever. Just loved the reality tv show concept so much and I adore the MCs.

Plus points-
This book was damn slow, and while that was annoying sometimes, it allowed me to enjoy the descriptions and setting for that much longer. I loved the bond between Sloane and Liam- long lasting, and caring, and that with their individual personalities and strong voices made for a great read. I really enjoyed being in both of their heads through the dual POV. The ending was quite dramatic, and I LOVED it. The scenes were quite visual and Aspen as the villain was literally perfect. I do love how everything falls into place in the end without a dragged climax.

Minus Points-
The romantic aspect to Sloane and Liam's relationship didn't strike me as real or authentic by any means. What they felt for each other, more than love seemed like lust, or friendly affection to me. Of course, as a best friend, Liam would feel deeply protective of Sloane and not want her to get hurt.

Do I recommend this book? For sure! It's not accurate or educative in any way, just for a fun, lazy read? That suits its purpose.

Comments