Kismat Connection - Ananya Devarajan


4.5 stars

A great book encapsulating family, love, and of course- desi culture. Unlike a lot of media which portrays Asian culture as negative, I loved seeing this combo of two characters- one who loves and accepts his culture openly, and the other who loves her roots too, but struggles to embrace it.

I felt that this story is an accurate representation of teenage and life in general, what with stubbornness, strong opinions, and life not always being in our control. When it comes to family, it may not always be perfect as in Arjun's case, but in the end, he always had a home with the Iyers.

Speaking of side characters too, I found great significance in each character's part in the story. I would honestly love to see Raina (Madhuri's younger sister) cast in her own novel as the main character.

PS- I'm loving this beautiful desi book cover <3

Comments