Someone Just Like You - Meredith Schorr

3.5/5 

While the concept behind this book is intriguing and genuinely brilliant, I felt the execution was quite poor in comparison. 

Judy and Molly had an interesting dynamic from the beginning, which I'll admit was engrossing. I enjoyed their history and background, cleverly crafted by Schorr. 

Where the plot falls short however, was over halfway in with the unrealistic transition from friends to something more. Ok, enemies to friends was a gradual and believable shift, but this one had me thinking I skipped a couple chapters in between. The MCs were unrecognizable in how their chemistry just changed and so did their motivations. 

I did love over half of the story, so my rating isn't that bad... I'd recommend you to read this, just don't expect it to be among your top books.

Comments