Best Frenemies - Max Monroe


3.5 stars

I've been reading so many Max Monroe books recently, my latest one being Accidental Attachment. I was so happy to see Brooke Baker- the MC from that book- bought into this one. Both can still be read as standalones, no problem.

Set at a primary school, Katy is the math teacher and Mack is the music teacher. Their classrooms are right next to each other. And then it does make sense for Katy to hate Mack's loud classes. The story starts in their workplace, then them accidentally double booking their stay for the week.

While this book was a fun and easy read, I'm not the biggest fan of the characters, neither of whom came off as put together to me. Of course, they take responsibilities but the way their personalities changed all the time was just annoying. Their backgrounds of Katy being born to teen parents and Mack being a surprise baby with older parents were interesting. I wish they had been explored more coz that bit had so much potential.

I hated the voice of the male narrator. Just too high pitched and didn't give me grown up vibes. He sounded like a spoilt teen and wasn't able to translate the words properly in the audiobook. I don't recommend listening to the audio version of this book.

 

Comments