The Reel Deal - Mia Summers


If you're looking for a sweet, feel-good romance with some entertaining banter and enticing descriptions, this books for you, and for me, it was time well spent.

It was such a fun book and I enjoyed reading it so much! I found the story simple with characters that aren't too deep, so nothing very unique in that department. For me, the scenery and descriptions really stood out. The novel is set in a mountainous area, so the visual imagery involved is just gorgeous. And this is without mentioning Delilah's beautiful paintings.

I've read many books that use the celebrity and fake dating tropes, and usually love them. In this story, it wasn't the tropes or insights into the world of a celeb that wowed me, but the chemistry between the MCs. I think the whole fake dating bit was quite cliche and unnecessary, so the book could've done without it and Jake's ex Zoe.

Overall, Jake and Delilah went together really well, just super cute and heartwarming as a pair. Their feelings for each other, the POVs and the declaration raised my already high standards even more and I'm sure I'll always have memories of them lingering in my mind. 

Comments