Accidental Attachment - Max Monroe


I'd just read a few Max Monroe books and enjoyable plots before this one. So, imagine my delight when I realized that Accidental Attachment was available for request! Luckily, I did get the copy, and no regrets for the time spent on this one coz it was a joy ride!

If you're a fan of Sophie Kinsella's writing style, especially from the Shopaholic series, you'll probably enjoy this. Brooke- the FMC is a bubbly, clumsy, and creative head to be inside. There's the good intent, there's the harmless pastime to get things done, there's the tiny mistake, and then there's the entire life that comes tumbling down like staked up dominos.

Yes, I loved all the cool, cheesy tropes in the novel- Secret Crush, Slow Burn, and Forced Proximity being my highlights. They all do seem to be cliches, until Max and Monroe work their magic, and behold- an addictive new concoction.

The slow burn was a tad too slow as did the dragging book in general. I also found the MCs quite immature, so minus one star for that.

Many thanks to Max Monroe for the opportunity to review this ARC. All opinions expressed are only mine.

Comments