Not Bad for a Girl - Anastasia Ryan

 
I enjoyed this book so much! I have to say that it's not much of a rom com as it's just a fun, witty book. It really reminds me of Didn't See That Coming by Jesse Q Sutanto, a YA book about a girl who games under a boyish username.


Of course, this book felt more grown up and mature, dealing with explicit sexism in the workspace with the MC being a coder in a male dominated world. As outrageous as some of the treatment towards Anna seemed to be, I wasn't surprised because that's how the world does unfortunately function. The author has used a ton of humor in her writing to bring the seriousness of the topic to an entertaining level. I think the writing style resembled what you would find in a comedic diary format novel, with Anna narrating her POV with a ton of emotion and rawness.

Frankly, I loved Anna I loved Shane, and I loved the fish <3 Because I just can't get over the adorable descriptions of pets and children in books. It was captivating to see Anna's firm opinions and way of expression. I found that everything she said made a ton of sense.

Speaking of the narrator, I LOVED HER!! Jesse Vilinsky gave all the feels and vibes for me to rush through this book, which I finished in a day. I'm definitely gonna be on the lookout for more by this author and the narrator.

Comments