The Takeover - Cara Tanamachi


Absolutely loved the chemistry and banter between the MCs. The ramen scene was iconic, I loved it SO MUCH! Sort of a second chance romance coz they knew each other before, but can we just talk about their dynamic? I love how Nami reacts so aggressively to Jae and how Jae sees Nami as his drive and competition- a challenge to work harder.


But then there's some major issues in here. I hate the pacing; it was so damn slow I zoned out very often. So when we reached the third act, I was like "huh" and had to go back to relisten for context. But yea, it still doesn't make much sense to me so obviously I'm annoyed with the ending. To add to the mess, Nami continuously tells us how much she cares about her employees and her company. If she isn't telling us, she's telling another character. Classic example of telling not showing. I mean yea, I did see it, and yes, we get it why put so much effort?

I didn't love this, but I see how others might, and I too loved a good number of scenes, so I won't tell you not to pick it up, put keep your expectations low.

Comments