Passion Under the Microscope - Christine Miles


5 stars!

So it's been a while since I read Off the Charts Chemistry (the first book in the series), but I'm pretty sure I enjoyed this a whole lot more. I'm a huge fan of shorter novels and novellas, and I'm in love with the execution of this one. It's less than 300 pages and still there's space for a well thought out plotline, separate from the romance.


Both the MCs have some great interactions that I absolutely loved. Tanith is a high school teacher, so her manner with her students is such a delight, and Luke is a sports medicine doctor, with a stubborn teenage patient (the only patient we actually see). I think it's so important to portray characters outside of the romance, because the rest of their life doesn't stop right there, and I think this book does it beautifully. All the insecurities made complete sense and he character arcs were very compelling.

I love how they both have their own stories and qualities that they bring to their relationship that makes it so wholesome. It's amazing to see their worlds alter as they make space for each other and see the subtle changes in their personalities. Tanith and Luke fit together so well, and their bond makes my heart melt :)

While this is a very easy read, there are some difficult topics addressed in this story (and done well IMO), and I've put them below. I can't promise that you'd love this, but I surely recommend it, coz it was what I needed.

TW- mentions of sexual harassment, parental abandonment.

PS: I didn't like that Tanith kept referring to her mom as DKLMSS (I took so long to understand what that meant and yes, it's her initials after being married to 4 men). Also, Luke calling Tanith 'lady' over and over again was annoying, but I'm gonna let it slide.

Comments