Love Lessons is an extension of the very basic five love languages we are commonly aware of, expanded so as to apply to many relationships in life that aren't just romantic. These include friendships, familial relations, and workplace relations. I loved being able to learn about the ways to give and accept love and care in all these different contexts.
The wonderful writing of the book reminds listeners of the existence of love languages as mere guidelines that are not meant to be dealbreakers when things don't align. It helps broaden understanding of others' love languages and how we can reframe them to fit within our expectations and gain maximum happiness. Morales has then gone above and beyond to teach the listener how to consolidate with differences and conflicts that arise in these relations with plenty of useful examples.
While the contents of this book are incredible, I'd not recommend it as a solo listening experience. It's best done tandem or just with a physical/digital copy. I say this because the author has put together some amazing quizzes for the reader (and anyone they choose to share with) to be able to discover their love languages in various categories that are very insightful. It's pretty difficult to take these quizzes over audio while listening to the narrator read them out. I did end up borrowing an ebook just for these quizzes and I am very intrigued by my results.
Many thanks to NetGalley, Dreamscape Media, Alise Morales, and ML Sanchez for this complimentary ALC. I've left this review voluntarily and all opinions are honestly mine.
The wonderful writing of the book reminds listeners of the existence of love languages as mere guidelines that are not meant to be dealbreakers when things don't align. It helps broaden understanding of others' love languages and how we can reframe them to fit within our expectations and gain maximum happiness. Morales has then gone above and beyond to teach the listener how to consolidate with differences and conflicts that arise in these relations with plenty of useful examples.
While the contents of this book are incredible, I'd not recommend it as a solo listening experience. It's best done tandem or just with a physical/digital copy. I say this because the author has put together some amazing quizzes for the reader (and anyone they choose to share with) to be able to discover their love languages in various categories that are very insightful. It's pretty difficult to take these quizzes over audio while listening to the narrator read them out. I did end up borrowing an ebook just for these quizzes and I am very intrigued by my results.
Many thanks to NetGalley, Dreamscape Media, Alise Morales, and ML Sanchez for this complimentary ALC. I've left this review voluntarily and all opinions are honestly mine.
Comments
Post a Comment