I'm in awe of the execution of this novel. The writing pulls you in from the early chapters and delivers on the expectations of a compelling backstory and lovely banter between main characters Jesse and Finn. It's so easy to see where they are both coming from and to root for them being together, especially with the dual POVs.
As a lover of medical fiction and romance, I was hooked by the deep dive the author takes into the niche world of pediatric surgery. I appreciate that Detand didn't just create a setup for this forbidden romance but also gave it weight by showing exactly why Jesse and Finn are great at what they do. Going into the nitty gritty of the corporate systems also gives structure to why this is a slow burn and makes the MCs' dilemmas feel all the more real.
While I haven't read the first book in the series with this being my introduction to Zarah Detand, I am interested in going back and reading it now. The book is definitely enjoyable as a standalone on its own, and yet the many times Tay (MC from Operation Boyfriend) was on page in this book has me sold on going back and reading the prequel. I've loved the author's writing so much so that I'm eager to read the upcoming release from her.
Many thanks to NetGalley, Storm Publishing, and Zarah Detand for this complimentary e-ARC. I've left this review voluntarily and all thoughts are honestly mine.
Comments
Post a Comment