PS I Love You - Cecelia Ahern

PS I LOVE YOU
Courtesy

Ever since Holly's beloved husband Gerry died of brain tumor a some months beck, she refuses to get out of her house. But when she discovers a series of envelopes written to her by Gerry, she slowly starts coming back to life. There is six letters, one for each month. Holly knows that after this, Gerry will be gone forever from her life, and is prepared to relish every moment.

This was a lovely book. I listened to it as an audiobook, and the experience was delightful. The concept was novel and didn't disappoint. Each letter of Gerry's allows Holly to let go of him and get a grip on herself. The side characters were amazing too. Sharon and Denise are Holly's best friends, and the way they support her throughout was heartwarming. I did feel that points in the plot were slow, boring, and unnecessary, but I loved the book. What I loved even more than the friendships, was the family. All Holly's siblings and her parents had unique, distinct personalities, and they all help change Holly. I found it to be the complete opposite of Lucy from The Time of My Life, a Cecelia Ahern creation. I also admire the way Ahern tackled a subject like death with such ease and honesty. Towards the end, we see a mature and independent Holly, able to deal with awkward conversations about her lost love. I think everyone who has lost someone, or is about to should read this. And even if you aren't in this situation, feel free to give this a read.

P.S.- I read this book a few months after my first personal loss and I didn't know how to feel. Then I found this audiobook, and it felt so much better. Like having a friend who you can relate to in some ways, but mostly, they're just the complete opposite. Thank you so much Cecelia Ahern for this precious read.

Rating- 4.6/5

Saloni Porwal

Comments