Shopaholic To The Stars ( 7 ) - Sophie Kinsella


Becky shifted to US with husband Luke and toddler Minnie. Luke is PR for the great star Sage Seymour herself, and after trying to get introduced to the celebs with no result, Becky decides to take things in her own hands and launch her successful career as a personal stylist. But things get complicated when she is offered a job by one of Sage's arch rivals.

Two reasons why I picked this up. One, it was super cheap (45 INR). And two, the previous novel- Mini Shopaholic had a thread that I was particularly intrigued by. But as you see in the ratings, I was damn disappointed. I flipped through, hoping for something to happen of the left out bit, but I didn't get a peek. In short, this is the most disappointing book of the series that I have read. The humor is pretty good and Minnie is the most hilarious character, but that's the only good stuff. I missed Jess and Janice a lot, two side characters who were barely mentioned in this book. Luke didn't have a good part this time either. Throughout the series, it was funny and cute the way Becky took things into her hands and always messed it up. But this time, it was a way too much. I was super disappointed in the plot and there's nothing in this book that'll make me read the sequels. What I liked was the return of Alicia Billington from the start of the series. That bit was totally unexpected, and I was prepared for something juicy, but there was nothing in it. Becky's friendship with Suze was really boring and I really don't get the point of it. I was expecting a lot from this book, and I didn't get it. Don't get me wrong, Kinsella is a fabulous writer but this piece doesn't even feel like her. If you want to read some of her best works, try Shopaholic and Baby or Can You Keep A Secret. Nevertheless, I hope this series gets better later on.

Rating- 2.6/5

Comments